• Clean to the touch
• Repels dirt and debris
• Easy to apply
• Save up to 7w over other lubes
SILCA Super Secret Chain lube started out as a project to develop the fastest Hot-Melt wax lubricant available more than a year ago. Josh has been recommending Hot Melt Wax and helping Pro cyclists and triathletes wax chains for years and wanted to bring his lubricant formula to our customers, the challenge was how to consistently melt, dip and agitate the chain across different crockpot designs and temperatures. The project took a fascinating turn from the world of IndyCar when josh was introduced to a group that had developed a technology to put micro-scale wax powders into a solution that was quick drying and forms a coating that is indiscernible from hot melt dipping. The combination of air-drying liquid wax and Tungsten Disulfide would quickly prove to beat all currently available hot melt waxes in friction testing while being much faster and easier to apply.
- Bottle with the precision applicator tip for dripping on your chain
- The chain should be VERY clean and dry before applying, How to Clean and Wax a Chain
- Apply according to video and let dry for AT LEAST 12 hours for optimal results, 24 hours if applied in cool or humid weather conditions! We recommend applying the lube AFTER your ride so it's ready for next time! See Chart Below for more Info
- NOTE: Over time the WS2 will begin to settle to the bottom of the bottle, shake well before using!
What temperature can I apply Super Secret Chain Coating? 41 - 95 °F / 5-35 °C
What temperature is the best for storing the Super Secret Chain Coating? 41 - 86 °F / 5-30 °C
Please note: Field tests have determined that prolonged exposure to below-freezing temperatures, can cause viscosity breakdown to the Super Secret Chain Coating. The coating will become quite thick. It is OK to apply to the chain as the functionality is still viable. In extreme cases, it may be necessary to clear the cap with a needle.